Monday, January 01, 2007

"First Light"

Masada National Park - Judean Desert - Israel - November 2006
@ ISO 400, f/4

First light over the desert and Masada mountain. That night we had a visitor: a fox. The little Canis looked for food and it could smell our dinner leftovers for km's away, so when darkness and stillness ruled, it moved and started to dig underneath a big rock me and Oz hid the trash bag - we expected that company would arrive and inspect the area, we just didn't believe it would happen so soon. The fox, I must say, was suffering from hunger more than from fear. It dug underneath the stone while I shone with my headlight on my forehead and camera in the other hand. Unfortunately, the camera refused to focus no matter what, so eventually I went to sleep with blurred pictures which I purged later on.
That night the moon shone and around 4 am we had quite a lot of light so we could easily distinguish the outlines of Masada Mountain, the mountain we would climb in less than two hours time. While Oz arranged his stuff, I took the time to keep a memory of that impressive sight.
The camp tent and vehicle was of others travelers that still slept even when we were half way up on the mountain...

Click on photo for a bigger version (new window)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home